OCTOBER 7, 2015 –The Center for Oral Health is hosting its 3rd Annual Symposium on October 29, 2015 at the Westin LAX, in Los Angeles, California. As part of its tradition, the Symposium is focused on the interprofessional and multidisciplinary approach that is necessary to improve overall health. The Symposium is a platform to invite health care professionals from a variety of disciplines including medicine, dentistry, nursing, dental hygiene, social work, and others. There is a special emphasis on the attendance of students in the same health care disciplines, aligning the providers of the future with the current issues of today.
The Symposium will be a valuable framework for health care professionals, policy-makers, and health care leaders to learn how to meet the health challenges of our aging population. The presentations will provide evidence-based tools and best practices to help prevent and limit the impact of oral diseases.
The following topics will be centerpieces of the event:
- Defining developmental stages of older adulthood
- Understanding the unique health and wellness indicators of older adulthood
- Innovative approaches to interprofessional and multidisciplinary delivery of health care for older adults
- Addressing the regulatory and public policy environment to drive interventions to improve the health and wellbeing -and quality of life of aging Americans
- Learning about national efforts to improve Medicare and designing oral health care benefits for older Americans
- Understanding how periodontal disease affects highly prevalent chronic diseases that are also leading causes of death among older adults, especially cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes mellitus, and lower respiratory infections
- Oral health care provision of the Older Americans Act as it is being currently reenacted in Congress.
The Center for Oral Health invites you to be part of this insightful and educational event filled with highly respected speakers. Registration and additional information about the event may be found at http://www.centerfororalhealth.org/events/annual-symposium.html