Oral Health 2020: A Vision for Integrated Care is the result of collective thinking about inspiring, motivating, and educating healthcare providers to take charge in shaping the future of healthcare delivery to improve oral health outcomes. It envisions a new, responsive model that enhances the practice of dentistry and medicine by promoting integration of oral health into primary health care.
Oral Health 2020: A Vision for Integrated Care, will:
- Showcase existing healthcare delivery models that take steps toward integration of oral health care with primary care
- Highlight health plans that understand the value of oral health integration to improve health outcomes their efforts to align healthcare financing with scientific evidence
- Explore the role of dental and medical education in modeling the integration of oral health care into primary care.
- Provide the venue for healthcare providers to reflect on the knowledge gained and provide recommendations to further knowledge and evidence to strengthen local, national, and global efforts to integrate oral health into primary care
We believe that a new, responsive, and fair model must result in a true integration of oral health into primary health care. A model that will effectively address the dysfunctions of the existing healthcare systems, which today result in the system's inability to adequately provide access, ensure quality, and restrain costs. We envision a more adequate healthcare delivery system. A timely, efficient, effective, and patient-centered system; one that provides equal access for all.
COH 2014 Symposium Objectives
- Disseminate best and promising practices that promote oral health integration with primary health care.
- Share new research findings related to oral connection to the rest of the body, and the effectiveness of integrated care.
- Present new approaches to oral health care delivery.
- Engage healthcare providers in the formulation of pubic and institutional policy recommendations.
- Inspire, motivate, and educate healthcare providers to take charge in shaping the future of healthcare delivery to improve oral health outcomes.